Friday, September 03, 2004

TGIF!!

I'm back to loving Fridays! I sit here by myself, surrounded in peace. Molly's in the livingroom watching Dora, and she's quiet too!

This weekend is my Uncle Dan's annual pig roast! Usually the whole family plus friends come to hang out and relax the entire day while the pig roasts. Mostly everyone pitches tents in his big yard and everyone stays up late. There's usually a pinata for the kids- or sometimes he gets lazy and just throws the candy! Everyone brings a dish and chows down on the awesome food. Steamers are put over the hot coals, and for those of us that can stay up late enough, there's lobster! I only managed to do that once though! (it ended up being the wee hours of the morning!)A huge bonfire gets built when the sun starts going down, and all the days trash along with wood provides warmth and of course, plenty of room for everyone to toast marshmallows! We camped out once, but we weren't prepared with blankets and stuff like that. It tends to get fairly chilly up near the Mass. line. Plus, with the kids, its just easier to go home...to our warm beds! It promises to be alot of fun and we can't wait!

On another topic, my darling daughter, who's 9 year old, I might add, SHAVED HER LEGS!! I know, where was I? Actually, I'm not sure...could have been doing the dishes, or the laundry...I could have been anywhere. She had mentioned it to me the other day, and I told her no, she was too young, and thought the subject was closed. She apparently didn't feel the same as I ! If she had asked me , I could have told her to use the shaving gel, or at least soap! LOL The thing is... I don't remember how old I was when I started shaving. I remember sneaking into my Mom's room (which happens to be my room now!) and using her electric shaver. It would seem to me that Emilie is too young, but at the same time, I don't think there's actual "guidelines". She's only 9!!! She's still a baby! LOL Okay, well I WISH she was still a baby, but really she's only a girl... not close to being a teenager yet, and as far as I can tell, not close to puberty either. I'M NOT READY FOR ALL THIS YET!! Heck, I'm still only 19! One of these days I'll have to admit I'm 30, but I'm not ready yet.

Tomorrow's weigh-in again... I'm crossing my fingers I lost something. The biological asshole has the kids again..I think it may be time for me to cancel again. He's not a good influence.. and my kids definitely don't need to hear him and his "fiancee" calling me a bitch.

I really should pick up the house before its time to go back to work, so I hope everyone has a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home