Saturday, April 30, 2005

Healthy Kids Day!

Today I'm taking the kids to the annual Healthy Kids Day at the YMCA. Its totally free, which is awesome, and there will be music and free healthy foods along with the child I.D. system to update the kids on. With all the focus these days on child obesity I think its awesome that the Y puts on something like this. My kids, even though I'm overweight, do eat healthy for the most part, but its easy in today's society of Mcdonalds and soda and unhealthy foods in schools to end up having an overweight child. I'm thankful that I've changed my eating habits when I have, which encourages my kids to make healthier choices in and out of our home. Every kid loves candy and cookies and my kids do eat them. I typically buy them a "treat" once a week, usually candy or gum. I also buy one package of cookies when I do the weekly grocery shopping. I'm a firm believer in not denying my kids these things. When I was a child my Mom didn't buy unhealthy foods, and thats not a bad thing. But it only made me want them more. I think thats how I became overweight. I was a slim child but once I had my own money, thats all I would buy. Junk. I'm trying to avoid that with my kids.

So today should be a fun day. Crazy, but fun. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home