Friday, June 25, 2004

Chuck E Cheese Hell......

...or if you prefer... paradise?

Matthew had a party to go to at Chuck E Cheese last night. The party was for 6pm, and I had been over at my SIL's, and since I would be staying for the party while Matt was there, I offered to take my almost 4 yr old nephew with us. I should have known there was going to be problems though... both Matt and Russell (my nephew) fell asleep on the way there for about 5 or 10 minutes.

Anyway, apparently, my nephew is scared of Chuck E. I was aware of it, but thought it wouldn't be a problem if we stayed away from the stage. I dropped Matt off in the designated party area, and got into line to order some pizza. I glanced over, and the Mom of the b-day boy was motioning me over because Matt was in tears! And when Matt gets overwhelmed he puts his head down, his hands stay right in front of his eyes rubbing them, and he's not loud, but inconsolable. Exactly how he was for the first week of kindergarden. So I went over , tried to calm him down, thought he was doing okay, and got back in line. We sat near the birthday table, except then my nephew was terrified! He was crying, shaking, almost to the point of hyperventilating. Crying how he wanted Mommy and Daddy. I felt so bad for him. But I couldn't leave and find a spot farther away from the stage, because Matt was still in tears, and even refusing to sit at the birthday table! Keep in mind, I'm at this hell hole by MYSELF, with 5 kids! I ended up taking Matt away from the b-day party table, and taking all 5 kids to a table farther away from the stage, closer to the games and tubes. Eventually Russell calmed down, Matt calmed down, they all of course, choose not to eat, and went off to use their tokens. But, never would I have decided to bring 5 kids by myself to Chuck E Cheese.... its usually a place I avoid, unless I have Chris with me.. and its easy to avoid since its a 1/2 hr away.

It was definitely an adventure! We didn't get home till almost 9:30, and I was pooped...lol Probably not something I'll ever repeat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home