Tuesday, June 08, 2004

My very own "Houdini"

I'm thinking that I wrote about this topic awhile back, but then again, its an ongoing battle.

My sweet girl Molly.

The carseat dilemma. In the car I've managed to keep her restrained by turning the buckle backwards. Otherwise, she'd unbluckle it. Its great that she has wonderful fine motor skills, but come on! She manages in the car to unbuckle the chest latch, and as I've said before, even I have a difficult time undoing it sometimes.

Now its the bus battle.I've had her in a regular carseat on the bus, one with the bar thingie that goes in front of her. She's always been able to get her arms out... no matter how tight I put it. I figured, at least she was still restrained. Now, she kicks off her shoes, and shimmies her little body completely out of it! And this is while I'm driving a bus! But sometimes, instead of wiggling out of it, she's mastered actually unbuckling the red button thats between her legs, underneath the armrest/bar! Grrr....I don't know what to do with this kid.

So this morning, I had a mechanic and my boss out in my bus trying to come up with creative ways for her to stay in her seat. I bought some safety pins to pin underneath and on top of the chest clip, backwards of course. We also are going to try to "tie" the whole overhead bar with another seatbelt, so that even if she DOES unbuckle it, she won't be able to lift it up!

8 more days. 8 more days. I just need to remember that! Next year, she'll be old enough to be in a booster seat, and then they have a gadget to cover the buckle with...but until then, we have to find something that works!!

Gotta love kids! LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home