Friday, July 02, 2004

Ah, the Memories...

On this day, in 2004, I was in the hospital waiting to be induced. I had a pretty easy pregnancy overall. I did have a problem with high amniotic fluid, and it caused me to look as if I was carrying 2 or 3 babies, instead of 1 baby. My kidney function or some other organ thereabouts was lacking a bit, which caused me to see the Dr. a little more often than usual. I had quite a few ultrasounds because of he size of the baby. A week before, she was meauring at over 8 pounds, which isn't that big, but because of my trouble delivering Matthew,who was 8lbs 4oz. and the use of forceps after pushing for 3 hours, the Dr.'s and I wanted to be on the safe side, and try to avoid a c-section.

Since this pregnancy was to be my last, neither Chris nor I wanted to know the sex of the baby. I wanted to be surprised just once. I had everyone from my Dr. to my awful Mother-in-Law telling me with great certainty that I was having a boy. I was positive I was having a girl. I craved sweets, I was carrying all in front..the list went on and on. Of course, regardless of the sex, I would have been happy, but I did want to even the odds in my family, with 2 boys, and 2 girls.

I remember sitting in that hospital bed, wishing that the Dr would get there, and just induce me. I was only being induced a few days before my due date, and was so anxious to meet my baby, and end the all too familiar signs of pregnancy... difficulty sleeping, not being able to breath, not being able to see my feet.

The Dr finally came in 3 hours late. I wasn't happy, but was glad that this labor was finally going to be started. He broke my water, and we waited to see if that would start my contractions without pitocin. It didn't. Since this was my last pregnancy and labor, I was determined to make it through without an epidural. Don't ask me why...lol I was finally started on the pitocin, and was happy that I was handling the contractions so well..I even had my cross stich out and I was calmly working on it. My SIL was one of the people included in the birth, and since she lived in the town of the hospital she decided to show up early.

So, anyway, since the contractions weren't bad yet, Chris wanted to go to Melissa's, and get some movies. I didn't have a problem with that, but wouldn't you know, as soon as he was gone, the contractions got really intense.Chris made it back, and tried to help me through them, but of course, they were way past the point of dealing with them, so I ended up getting the epidural.

Not a big deal in the end.... I was comfy, and was ready to deliver 10 hours later. Even the nurse was sure I was having a boy! When I finally pushed her out, and it was announced that it was a girl, I actually clapped my hands, I was so excited!

Molly was born weighing in at 8lbs 10 oz, 20 inches long.

My baby is 4 years old today. Not really a baby anymore, but she'll always be my baby. I'm sad though. Sad that I'll never again be pregnant, never again give birth, never again nurse, and NEVER again be woken every 2 hours! lol

My baby's growing up.

Happy Birthday to my little miss Molly!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home