Saturday, January 29, 2005

Too much for me to handle! LOL

Last week when the kids came back from their time with the B.A. they told me that this week what they were doing was a surprise. And the B.A. had told them if I wanted to know what they would be doing, I would need to ask.

So today, he pulls up in the driveway, and is sitting there waiting for the kids to come out. I went out there and asked him what the plans were for today. He started in on the whole song and dance..."why does it matter to you. I'm not allowed to plan a surprise for my kids? and.. I have access to my kids from 9-3, and I can do anything I want to with them" Yada,yada,yada...
He finally told me though. The kids were thinking they were going to Chuck E. Cheese, or sledding or something to that effect.

The B.A. tells me "I'm getting married today" . WTF?!?! Oh my god, I just about lost it. I had tears practically leaking out of my eyes. Not because I'm upset. Quite contrary, I thought it was funny! I said "poor girl, she doesn't know what she's getting into", and "better her than me", and just walked away. LOL

But gosh, my poor kids! Here they think they were getting to do something fun. Why on earth would he think this would be a good "surprise" for them? I came back in the house as the kids were coming out, and told them it wasn't a fun surprise and left it at that.

What was the B.A. thinking? As far as my adult thinking allows, this is NOT a good thing to spring on kids! As far as my children's new "Stepmother" goes, I feel sorry for her, just because I can't believe she would get herself involved with him. Of course, she'll figure that out awhile down the road, when he's unable and unwilling to support her and her kids. And since this is her 3rd of 4th marriage, no doubt she'll divorce him in the future. And really, it obviously doesn't concern me. I could care less. Its just that my kids were going into today thinking they would be having a fun surprise. Too funny also because he was wearing his regular "scumbag" clothes, and hadn't shaved,etc. Gee, happy marriage to them! LOL

Now that they actually got married, even though it was 5 months later than planned, I have a renewed hope that he WILL actually move far, far, away. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home