Sunday, January 23, 2005

Shoveling out

This morning we woke to find roughly 2 feet of fresh snow! Its hard to tell exactly how much actually fell because of the high winds and snowdrifts, but regardless, its a helluva lot of cold white stuff!

The kids were in a huge rush to get outside! Chris decided to start on the shoveling while they played and I wish to God I had a digital camera....the kids were hilarious! Molly couldn't even walk in the snow... it was up practically to her waist, and in the snowdrifts, forget about it...we could have thrown her in and lost her! I did myself venture into the snow, very briefly. Now as an adult it isn't as much fun. Especially when there are ground blizzards whipping 30mph grains of snow into your face.

Now here is the biggest shocker of all. Me, Amy, who used to weigh 70 pounds heavier, actually yelled at Chris for shoveling too much! I actually WANTED to shovel. For the EXERCISE! Its still so weird for me to like exercising, and like sweating. At times, I wonder who I am. I spent almost 2 hrs shoveling the driveway! And for WW, I earned activity points, which if I redeem, I could eat more food. I burned alot of calories. But, its just weird. I've changed so much in that aspect.

So now we're all done with the snow. The older kids lasted about an hour, and now we're all inside, and hopefully staying inside for the rest of the day. Taking this opportunity to get alot done around the house. Tomorrow, hopefully, (I'm keeping my fingers crossed), will be a regular day of school with no delay.

Hope everyone stays warm!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home