Saturday, April 02, 2005

Talent show success

After a very long week with tanning, working out, work, school, etc... Ryan was in a talent show last night! It was going to start at 7 pm and he needed to be there for 6:15. Chris was going to try to make it, although he wasn't sure if he could get out on time, and I had my Mom and sister going as well. Let me tell you though... it was fricken long! Mom and Jen left after the first half...which didn't end till 9pm! I thought it might go till 10 or 10:30 and the kids would stay awake, etc. Not true. We didn't leave there until 11pm! Ryan's act was really cute though. His class did cotton eye joe! So by the end, I had Molly sleeping on my lap, Matthew sleeping in his seat and there was only one of me! Ryan was sitting with his class in the front so with Molly sleeping on me, I couldn't just go down to get him... I had to wait. It wasn't too bad, but by the time I woke up Matthew and got us all out to the car and came home, we were exhausted! Chris didn't even ATTEMPT to come down, which pissed me off and then as soon as I got home, he told me he was going to bed! Sorry about the ongoing paragraph...for some reason I can't skip a line. So that was our day... a very long one, but well worth it. The kids and I woke up late this morning for WW, but managed to get there on time. I'm also actually starting to look tan! I've been going 3 times a week and I can tell that I'm no longer white. Ryan got into trouble again at school and ended up spending all day in the planning room... basically an inschool suspension. For calling a teacher an idiot. I don't condone him calling the teacher that but the punishment seemed a little harsh to me. I mean, its not like he called her a swear or something. He knows he can't act that way, its just the impulse problem. Again, something we're working on. Not much else going on around here. Tonight is the 2nd family dinner and we're going to my brother Russ' house. His wife Cherie doesn't know if they're making something or ordering pizza, but regardless its going to be alot of fun! We'll see if there's more bashing of me again! All good-natured but still kinda annoying. Oh, I found some shoes for the wedding! Strappy sparkling ones. Kinda worried about the strap around the ankle since I tend to swell in the legs and feet, but I think if I can keep my water intake going , that it'll all be ok. And I need to make an appt to get my dress altered. Possibly for next week. Gosh- this wedding stuff is coming up so quick....3 weeks from today! I'm getting so nervous and I'm not even the bride! Okay, enough rambling from me...... hope everyone has a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home