Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Odd's and End's

A rainy, dreary day here in Ct today. A high in the upper 40's. A good day to snuggle and do nothing. Molly's been asleep on the couch since 10:45. She has a nasty cold that she probably got from me!

I managed to clean and organize the kitchen and kids' rooms, along with putting away laundry. I'm on my 3rd cup of coffee, and its so quiet in the house!

I'm back to being calm and rational, thank you. I reread my last post, and I sounded looney! Sorry about that, but thanks to those of you who commented! As I suspected, I gained last week. 1.4 pounds. I chatted with my leader after the meeting, and she gave me some good tips to try, and I'm happy to say, I'm back on track. Eating is going well this week, and I'm back to feeling as if I can do this for another 6 months! I made a goal for myself to lose 15 pounds by the end of the year. I think its possible, at least I hope so. I need to lose probably another 5-10 pounds to get down to the next size, and since I own 3 pairs of jeans that Jen handed down to me, I don't want to buy anymore, since I'm so close to them being too big for me.

Yesterday, it being Monday, both Chris and I leave for work by 7 am. We've been allowing Ryan and Emilie to stay home and get on the bus at 7:30, and until yesterday it was working well. Around the time their busdriver was to pick them up, I got a call across the radio telling me that only Ryan got on. Ryan had told the driver that Emilie wasn't going to school but wasn't sick either. My darling 9 year old was trying to skip school! So, of course, by the time I got out of work at 9, I had to race Molly to preschool, skip working out, and head home to drag my daughter to the horrible place we call Middle School.

I was pretty proud of myself though. Instead of storming in the house, and yelling at her, I stayed calm and rational :) All I had to say was "explanation please", and the tears started. She didn't want to go to school because it was "boring", and they don't do "anything fun". She had a stomach ache and a headache too. I took her temperature, hugged her, and told her she WAS going to school! Got her a snack, and some tylenol (daily headaches are back!) Told her that school was important, and she needed an education. Told her that sometimes Daddy and I don't like to go to work, but we have to. Told her she'd have to ride my bus for the rest of the week as punishment, and had her calm enough to drop her off.

So, thats about all going on around here. I've gotta get on the ball with Holloween costumes, and think about Christmas shopping. I think at the end of the week I'll start a layaway. I've already started my master list of what to get for everyone. Along with researching lowfat versions of the christmas cookies I make every year.

Hope everyone has a great week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home