Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The cycles of summer

Heat and oppressive humidity to warmth and low humidity. Thats how my summer goes here. I watch the local weatherman like a hawk, waiting for his forcast that will tell me whether tomorrow will be a "puffy ankle" day or a "skinny ankle" day.

The last 2 days have been hell. Lower 90's with barely a breeze and high humidity. No air conditioning, thats gotta be the worst. I don't want to move, I don't want to clean, and when I do clean or just stand there doing the dishes, sweat pours down my face.

Thunderstorms rolled through tonight though, and as I type right now, I can feel the breeze of the cool front coming through my front door. Soooo nice! The next five days will be "perfect" in my eyes. Upper 70's, lower 80's with low, low, low humidity. Upper 50's at night to provide awesome sleeping-all-night weather to the kiddos. I love this part of summer..its the humidity I hate.

Anyway, on another note, while Ryan was at Jen and Roman's, and Emilie was at Russ and Cherie's, I suggested to my almost 5 year old nephew that he has a sleepover at my house, and he was so excited!

Well, he was excited until bedtime rolled around. Then he became hysterical. I felt so bad for him, because its got to be scary to sleep over a different place when you're so little. But, I perservered. With his parents blessing, I held on for the rocky ride. Russell is a child used to getting what he wants. And while I didn't want to keep him if he really, truly was scared, I was also afraid that if I brought him home, he'd never want to sleep over again. Plus, it had been a long day.... we were at the beach all day long, and with playing and stuff, the kiddo was most likely overtired. So I held on. I tried convincing him that he didn't hate our house, that he didn't hate the boys' bunkbeds (he has the same bunkbed at home!) and that he didn't hate his cousins. He was just tired, and as soon as I brought him into my room, into the air conditioning, and the quiet, he fell asleep almost instantly. An hour later, he woke up to use the bathroom, and exclaimed how HAPPY he was to be sleeping at our house! And he was soooo proud that he fell asleep here! LOL It was just too funny.

Anyway, not much obviously going on here. Chris is off tomorrow so he'll be doing kid duty and I might be able to run a few errands and clean a bit around here without the kids trailing me messing everything back up.

Have a great Thursday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home