Sunday, July 24, 2005

Sunday sunburn

We all went to Hammonasett Beach today with Jen and Roman. It was a gorgeous day and the beach was packed, which of course, was to be expected. It takes time to get ready to go to the beach though. I'm not the great in preparing for things. I didn't pack anything until this morning and after stopping at the store to stock up the cooler and actually getting there, we were there 2 hours after what we were planning. But it was so much fun. Its the first time in about 2-3 years I even remember going into the water past my knees, and actually walking aroud in only my bathing suit! I was still uncomfortable because my body is still far from perfect, but I did it. And I laid out in only my bathing suit. A big deal from a girl who's been over 100 pounds overweight for years. And I did such a good job of sunscreening my kiddos and myself that no one burned except for me, on my face.....cherry red!

Anyway.....I would have taken pictures but my camera's broken. I tried replacing the battery and its a no go. Its weird though, I can access my favorites and look at the pictures that are saved on the camera, but if I turn it to any other setting, it just turns off. So tomorrow I'm packaging it up and sending it out to hopefully be repaired. It should only take roughly 5 days, so hopefully I'll get it back in usable condition. I just want my camera back! So many photo-ops come up when a person doesn't have it.

Nothing much going on. Emi has been at my brother's house since Saturday and I won't be getting her back until Tuesday. Its amazing how the dynamics of the household change with just one person gone! The other kids are behaving, I'm getting stuff done, and although I do miss her, she's only 15 minutes down the road and obviously having a great time. On Tuesday we'll be going back to the beach and spending the day with my SIL Cherie and my nephews. Its supposed to be a scorcher though..... in the 90's, but what better place to be than the beach?!?!?

I've rambled enough... have a great Monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home