Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Average August Day

Back to hot and humid, which can be expected, since it is August. Chris is home today, so I'm trying to get motivated. Trying to do something before noon. I need to run to the store , and I must make it to the post office to send out my camera. Don't know why I haven't done it yet. I'm a little afraid of sending it out and having the repairs not fall under the warranty. I don't have a clue what happened to it, and afraid I won't have the money to fix it if the repairs are billed to me. Regardless it needs to be fixed though, so I'm sending it out.

Don't know whats up with the animals around here lately. First it was the coyote although I never saw it. Then yesterday I was sitting on the front porch and a fox ran across the road and started rolling around in the neighbors yard. The reason this is so interesting, is because we do have wild animals around, but we don't usually see them in our neighborhood. In this section of town there aren't alot of wooded areas. Mostly just alot of residential streets with houses everywhere. On the other side of town, where its more woodsy, and where I drive my bus route, I'm always coming across something. I've stopped for deer to run across the road, stopped for turkeys to cross, along with the fox etc.. My BIL suggested that because of all the summer people here (we live close to the beach), that the animals are getting displaced.

Otherwise, not much going on around here. Now that its August and the kids start school on the 31st, I feel like I'm getting into school mode, although really, we're only halfway through the summer. And any mother knows that these last few weeks are the ones that really drag. LOL
At some point this week I need to buy Ryan and Emi backpacks from L.L.Bean. They're loads are getting heavier now that they're going into 5th and 6th grades, and really, even though the price is a little steeper, I figure they'll last for several years. Which would make it worth it. Also, if there zipper breaks or something else happens, they're under warranty. Makes more sense than buying a $15-$20 backpack every year.

K, I need to get motivated here. Can't spend the whole morning on the computer! Hope everyone has a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home