Monday, August 08, 2005

Definition of August

August: The month where the household falls apart because the kids are bored. Its boring to play outside, and its boring to do anything else that I might suggest. Summer isn't fun anymore, thats for sure. I'm at least in the mindset where I can't wait to go back to work, and yet, I don't want to stop sleeping in!

For us, school doesn't start till the 31st, and I can't wait to have a few hours to myself each day.

Today, Matt and Molly were sooo bored they decided to make their own fun! While I was in the livingroom pulling everything apart trying to find the reason for the rotten smell (and I do clean, go figure!) Matt and Molly were in the kitchen doing what I assumed was spraying the floor with glass cleaner and wiping it down with paper towels. Harmless enough. And I would get a clean floor to boot!

Until I actually walked into the kitchen. And almost fell.

Turns out they were cleaning the floor with dish soap!! And having great fun slipping and sliding around on it! It was everywhere! Swirly pink streaks all over my floor. Right then Chris walked in the door from work, and I warned him just in time to watch his step.

I had quite the time figuring out how to clean it. We sent the kids to bed, even though they should have stayed to help clean it. But really, it was a huge mess ,and they would have just made it worse! First we used a few towels to start wiping it up. Chris wanted to put them in the washer afterwards to clean them. Can you imagine the mess that would have made?!?!? I was already envisioning the bubbles flowing out of the washer. So, he rinsed the towels in the tub, and I went to work, first with the mop. After realizing it was going to take me a good 20 min. to rinse the bubbles out, just on the one time, I switched to a washcloth. On my hands and knees, section by section. Wiping once, rinsing, wiping the same section again. It took me a goddamn hour to clean it up!

2 workouts in the matter of 3 days! I worked up quite a sweat!

Looks like I'm going to have to find something creative for them to do for the next 3 weeks! (Btw, never found the rotting smell... I think it might have been Chris' shoes! lol)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home