Saturday, October 30, 2004

Ghosts, and goblins, and chainsaw's.....oh my!

Last night, with Matt and Molly being at a halloween party, I got the rare opportunity to have some "special time" with Ryan and Emilie. We have a few halloween sites around here to choose from but I really wanted to surprise them. I had them thinking we were just going to the outlet mall, and doing BORING STUFF, like shopping, when in reality, I was going to surprise them and bring them to a haunted hayride. I decided instead to bring them here to a haunted house thats actually put on by a regular family. This family for the last few years has been putting on this event with a slew of volunteers to raise money for the local youth and family services, and in addition for it being for a wonderful cause, it was a blast!

The kids were so excited! The cost was reasonable, and included popcorn, hot chocolate, candy, little toys and free t-shirts! Can't beat it. Its actors are all kids and while it IS scary and I wouldn't have brought the little ones, I think it was perfect for Ryan and Emilie! Emilie gripped my hand the whole time while Ryan talked to the actors! LOL We had spiders falling on our head, and screams coming from all directions. At one point, in the end while we were outside going through some sort of maze to get out, there was someone "chasing" Ryan with a chainsaw! It made me feel good to know I had done something like this with them, instead of staying home to get more housework done!

Otherwise, since we did do a little bit of shopping last night, I actually bought a pair of jeans 4 sizes SMALLER than I used to wear! And we're talking an actual 8 sizes, but since going down 2 numbers is actually one size... heck, its damn confusing! I also got myself a turtleneck sweater...something I never would have bought being 60 pounds heavier! It was really cool to shop in regular sizes.

And weigh-in this morning went better than expected. Lost 1.8... and considering the halloween candy I've splurged on, I did well. I also received my 50 pound magnet! I'm almost down 70 pounds total now.

So, thats all for now. Ryan and Emilie are sleeping over my in-laws tonight, so its just me and the little ones. My sister's moving into her new house today, and as soon as Chris gets home tonight, I'll be heading over.

Hope everyone has a Happy Halloween!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home