Saturday, January 01, 2005

Must get a new refill

Last year, when at my highest weight, I was diagnosed with asthma. I was put on a daily and albuterol inhaler to use when needed. The most problems I ever had was when at Jen's house with her cats. My chest would tighten up, and I'd have the hardest time breathing...my lungs just wouldn't feel as if they were inflating. And then I'd have a panic attack because I couldn't get in a deep breath.

So then I started losing weight, and the problems seemed to diminish. I'm allergic to cats, so I would feel the familiar stuffiness and sneezing, etc. but the tightness wasn't so bad. About that time, one of Jen's cats passed away, and I thought that particular cat might have been the problem.

So anyway, last night I was at my brother's house for New Year's Eve and they have cats, so I had the normal sniffling and sneezing. I was back over there this morning, and then at my sister's tonight for dinner, and the old familiar feeling came back and I started to panic. I haven't been using my inhalers and my albuteral one is out... I never refilled it. And now I'm suffering. I feel so horrible! I think I might have overdone it exposing myself, and now I'm stuck without any relief. Its not bad enough to go to the E.R. but bad enough to make me uncomfortable. Looks like first thing on Monday I'll be giving the Dr's office a call, and in the meantime I should stay away from all cats. And of course, kicking my one last bad habit will help for sure. That's the next step. It's great that I'm becoming healthier...losing weight, eating healthier, exercising, but I need to kick the smoking habit to be the healthiest I can be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home