Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Sadness

As my cousin Steph wrote about the other day, our Aunt Maddie was in the hospital after battling cancer for the last 2 years. Sadly I share that she passed away Monday afternoon. Maddie was an awesome woman with a heart of gold.

Tonight I joined family and friends to say goodbye to her. There was no service, nor will there be a buriel, but instead everyone in the room tonight talked about what a wonderful person she was. There were pictures everywhere......from when she was small up until a few months ago. We laughed, we cried. The room was full of people who's life she impacted.

My Uncle Hank is doing okay. As "okay" as he possibly could be after taking care of her for 2 years, and losing the love of his life. He told me he's going minute to minute. Which is totally understandable. He told me that the family support he's getting is helping him tremendously.

Aunt Maddie is now pain-free and can now be at peace. She's our angel looking down on us. She will be missed! Please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home