Friday, December 17, 2004

I'm pms'ing, so readers...beware!

I hate to bitch so much on this thing, but I have a helluva rant coming on. You're obviously welcome to read all my bitchiness, but if you care not to read , then by all means, right click on the x in the top right corner.

We've all heard the expression "when it rains, it pours", right? Yeah, well, it pours alot around here, and most of the time I take it in stride, but this pms shit is really throwing me for a loop.

First, it was Chris' car. The whole clutch thing. Its being fixed tomorrow, and in the meantime I'm car-less. My brothers are fixing it tomorrow, after I just spent MY paycheck on the parts for it.

I went shopping with Jen yesterday to try to find bridesmaid dresses for her wedding in April. I assumed Chris had everything under control. What I didn't know, is that my wonderful future brother-in-law let Chris borrow his playstation. Video game systems aren't allowed in our house. Not because I don't like them, but because everyone's attention is on the t.v. screen, instead of their responsibilities. So Chris spent the day playing it while I was gone. That in itself isn't a major problem, its what he didn't do. I expect help around this house. Chris works long hours, so I don't think I expect much, but when he's home I expect him to do something! He made dinner for the kids, washed the dishes but didn't wipe down the counters or the table. The floor wasn't swept, and there was tons of stuff under the table. And its not like he didn't know he should have done those other things.... I've told him before. He did a little laundry but only folded one load, and left 2 or 3 sitting in their baskets in the middle of the livingroom. I might add.... I didn't get home last night till 11, and he was already asleep on the couch. I go to check on the kids before heading to bed, and not one of them are in pajamas! Molly's wearing her underwear and her turtleneck, and the boys were wearing their shirts as well. And Emilie was still up! Sitting up in her bed, in the glow of the nightlight, doing her homework! WTF? I leave Chris with responsibilities this one night, and this is what happens? I don't expect him to do things my way, but he didn't even make an attempt!

So then today, Chris calls me from work to give me "bad news". His pay has been attached for a court-ordered bill, and in a few weeks, almost $200 will be taken out every week for 6 weeks! We apparently won't be eating for 6 weeks. And this came after I had a minor crying breakdown at the gym right in front of everyone! Chris again calls me back, and I ask him how much his bonus is for the month (because of course, its our christmas $$), and it was about $300 less than we were expecting. Might as well cancel christmas. We don't get the kids much to begin with, and our christmas $$ has already been cut by the oil we needed to order, but this just tops the cake.

So now I'm just afraid whats coming next. I want to take my phone off the hook, and ignore the world. I know its not the end of the world, but heck, I just need a break.

And through all this I'm the only one stressing about it all! How to pay for Christmas, how and when to pay the bills. How to get housework done, along with work, and taking care of the kids, nevermind wrapping presents and baking cookies. I'm cutting out as much as I can, but there are just some things I'm not willing to part with. But dammit, Chris needs to pitch in a bit, and everytime I try saying something to him, he tells me I'm bitching. And maybe I am. Well, I definitely am, but I'm entitled once in awhile.

I'm done now. Sorry about this. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home