Tuesday, December 14, 2004

You all must be dying to know....

how I've been? Right?! Okay, maybe not, but I'm going to tell ya all about it anyway! LOL

Saturday night: Party night! I spent the majority of my morning finding the "perfect" gift for the babysitter, who also happens to be my teenager cousin. I finally settled on this homemade soap, sold at this funky store, along with a soap tray. Thought it was a good idea, considering it was for a 17-yr-old. So, anyway, babysitter was to show up at 7:15, and I was getting ready while waiting for Chris to get home. 7:30 rolls around and I assume she's just running late. Then 7:40 and she's still not here! Can you see where this is going?

Chris calls her cell and it turns out she "forgot", and can't babysit because its her boyfriends birthday! Can you believe it? She tells us she'll call us back in 5 minutes. She calls us back and tells us that my grandmother, the kids great-grandmother is heading over to watch the little brats. Now, my grandmother is fairly active for her age, but she is getting older, and it was going to be a late night. But, there was no one else. So she gets here, and we leave.

To make a long story short..... I looked damn good, if I do say so myself! ;) Even some of my husband's co-workers who have only met me once, commented that I had lost alot of weight! It felt awesome!

Chris had a few beers, and I had a few glasses of wine. I had a few mozzarella sticks, and a crab cake and a few veggies. I knew wine would get me feeling good quick, and it had the bonus factor of being low in points. (WW) By the time I was sipping on my 3rd glass, I was pretty dizzy. Chris and I were outside and I told him I was going to go to the car to sit down for a few minutes because the bar was really noisy and I wanted some quiet. Well, I tried sitting down. It wasn't working though. By the time Chris came back to the car a few minutes later, I was throwing up behind the car! After 2 glasses of wine! WTF? Considering I was sick, Chris went to say goodbye to everyone and get me some water. I felt better after getting sick a few times and told Chris we could go. We had to stop for gas, and I had to get out again to throw up!

Now that I've painted a pretty picture for you all, I want to again mention that I only had 2 glasses of wine! I don't get it. Either I drank it too fast. Or I hadn't drank in a long time. Or my major loss of weight was a factor. Or I happened to get a 24 hr bug that coincided with the drinking. Anyway, that was my night. The 45 minute drive took us more than 2 hours to get home, because I was so dizzy and wouldn't let Chris drive.

Otherwise on the homefront, Chris' clutch on his car went. Thank goodness my brother knows how to replace it, but from what I understand it'll be a 10 hour job. In the meantime we're down to one car, that Chris needs to get to and from work. But I've been lucky enough to borrow a van from work. But this kind of shit always happens around Christmas time... have you noticed that? Jen came over yesterday to take pictures of the kids in front of the tree and we're working on making Christmas cards with them, so maybe I'll actually get them out before Christmas! And I've done about 10% of my Christmas shopping, and no wrapping yet of what I do have! I'm hoping I'll get the rest done this weekend!

Okay, thats all for now. I must go to bed, even though my internal clock wakes me up at 5 am each morning.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home