Tuesday, December 28, 2004

All is calm

Such relaxation is going on around here. The kids have been blissfully playing with their toys, with no fighting most of the time. I've been staying up till all hours of the night just because I can. I'm getting back into the groove of making meals and doing the laundry that I had neglected all week long. The house is in disarray because of the countless toys and activity kits around the tree and in bedrooms, and thats okay. Saturday the tree will come down and order will once again, at least a little, come back.

I'm "getting rid of a kid" tonight, too! Emilie is sleeping over at her aunt and uncle's house. Thats a big deal around here....3 kids are so much easier than 4!

Since Christmas was on a Saturday this year, per our agreement, the B.A. got the kids on Sunday instead. He had called me up earlier in the week to find out if I had gotten the gameboy SP's for the kids because he was going to get them himself. I told him I hadn't and he said it would be their Santa gift. When Ryan and Emilie came home Sunday afternoon I asked them what they got and they told me that Ron had gotten them the SP. But, get this : He claimed it himself. Most parents will know what I'm talking about. I mean, its great that he got it for them, but it was the only thing he had gotten them. And in our household, and I assume most households, most presents under the tree are from Santa. Us parents don't get the credit for them. The big fat guy in the red suit does. But its not that big of a deal to me, because this is how the B.A. is. He doesn't know how to be a parent. Thats been his choice. This is probably only the 3rd Christmas he's ever gotten them gifts. And when he has gotten them gifts in the past, he stands there with this huge-ass grin on his face, so proud that he actually got them something! Anyway, it was just something that irked me. Otherwise, he had gotten them a stocking with their name on it that they brought home. I questioned them why they brought it home instead of leaving it there for next year and they said that the B.A. won't be there next year because he's moving by the end of the summer! And because I won't let them see him (I'm the bad guy of course) in North Carolina he won't be seeing them for Christmas next year.
Him moving is something I'll definitely be looking forward to, but won't actually believe until it happens, since the jerk won't have anyone to support him down south.

Anyway....enough wasting my time on that subject! On the WW front, I've been doing bad,bad,bad. Too many cookies, too many treats. I've given myself a break, and think since I'm taking a break from WW I can eat anything I want. Which gives me a license to literally eat anything I want! I'm taking this opportunity to even eat regular snacks I wouldn't normally eat. My favorite has been the melted cheddar on triscuits...yummy! IF I were counting points that would be huge. Haven't been working out, haven't been drinking my water. I'm actually scared to step on a scale! After the New Year, its back on track for me. Hopefully I won't be up more than 5-6 pounds though.

So thats all for now. It snowed Sunday night so I suppose I'll probably find all the winter gear and kick the kids outside for awhile. It was really windy yesterday and they were busy playing with new things that I just let them be. No plans for New Years' yet, although I'm going to try to get a sitter and maybe get out of the house with Chris for awhile. What are your plans for New Years' Eve this year?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home