Saturday, May 28, 2005

The weekend!

Yay for long weekends! I'm in serious need of more than 2 days off, and its beautiful outside too!

Here's the slideshow from Jen's wedding! Check it out , its really good!

So, on Wednesday I was in an accident. My first ever accident. I was driving the bus, and it was rainy and cloudy out. I'm first bus in line at the middleschool, and the street the school is on, comes out onto Main St. On Main St. there's a police officer that stops traffic for us and I need to cross 2 lanes and take a left. Hard to imagine, I know. But what it comes down to, is that the officer had stopped all traffic, I started to go, but some kids in a suv or jeep or something didn't see the stopped traffic and flew through. The front of my bus hit the back end of the car, and spun it around. I slammed on the brakes, saw the car spin and hit the officer (not bad though) and stop facing the other direction. It was SO scary! I had 35 kids on the bus and everyone was okay, because we really weren't going fast. We sat in the middle of Main St. for almost 45 minutes, while the principal, school officials, my boss, the mechanics, officers, and anyone else that could be thought of were coming in and out of the bus, getting all the kids names, checking on me, checking on the bus. I was really shaken up. I never saw the car coming, he was going so fast. There's an investigation going on and I needed to go in on Thursday to give my statement. My first time behind the wheel of a bus, and coming back out of the school was horrible. I had what must have been a panic attack. I started breathing heavy, got all sweaty, and thought I was going to cry. I'm even scared driving my car. But hopefully its something that I'll get over.

Let's see, was there anything else? Don't think so. The weather is FINALLY getting nicer around here. We've been a good 10 degrees below normal for this time of the year. And I'm ready for a little warmth. The kids are doing good. Matt finally lost his first baby tooth. He was so excited! Only a couple more weeks of school left, and then its summer vacation!

Ok, I'll come back later when I have more to tell. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home