Tuesday, June 07, 2005

No such thing as a 36-hour day

But it would be nice once in awhile if we had such a thing. Most days , they can't be over soon enough , but listen (or read) to what I've got on my plate right now.......

First of all, let me just add, that after writing my post about the B.A., I was served papers during Sunday night dinner! I knew it was coming, but still was shocked. The B.A. is bringing me to court and wants joint custody, and the ENTIRE SUMMER! My boss is thrilled to learn that I need the day before the last day of school off to actually go to court. I'm in shock though. I mean, does the jerk actually think he'll get the kids for 2 months?? Nevermind the fact that they're actual children, and not just a pet. The kids don't want to go. Not for the whole summer at least. They mentioned 2 or 3 weeks would be okay with them, but thats it.

And I need a lawyer. I'm not going to be taken seriously by the judge, and not going to be able to protect my children's best interests without one. But it sucks. We don't have a couple grand in savings. I'm off for the summer in another 2 weeks, and therefore, no more paycheck for me. I've made phone calls and gotten a few referrals for lawyers that work on the sliding scale fees and payment schedules. So thats started, but I'm still scared. I don't want to be without my kids for 2 months. I can barely handle the 1 week they're away for camp. I'm trying to think positively and stay confident that no judge in his right mind would give him 2 months after he's only spent 6 hours at a time with them. Of course, I feel that he wants that long for 2 reasons. 1, to not pay childsupport for that time. And 2, to get back at me. This isn't about the kids, its about what he wants, and its always been about what he wants.I'm hoping to get him to agree to 2 weeks, ONLY if he can prove they would be in a big enough place to sleep and stuff ,and they'd have adult supervision. I know he'll get something, so I might as well suggest it. Anyway, I'll write more about this later, but in the meantime, I get to look forward to going to court on the 21st.

Wednesday morning Ryan and I have a meeting with a place called Rushford Center. Its basically an outpatient program that involves therapy, in group, family and one on one time. Its a 6 week program (that would also cut into the summer for "visitation" ) and its 3 hours a day. Very intense. But we'll find out tomorrow if Ryan's a good candidate. Turns out in school on Monday he was holding a pair of scissors to his neck, pretending to kill himself. Scary stuff, considering he's actually thought about hurting himself.

So I have that meeting, need to drop Molly off at preschool, and then have a make-up safety meeting for work, before going to Ryan's school concert tomorrow night. Chris is going to be at work, and can't take the time off, so my mom will be helping me as far as watching the kids , feeding them, and getting them ready for the concert. I can't wait till tomorrow's over! lol Its basically going to be very crazy around here for the next 2 weeks until school is through.

And its actually gotten summery around here. Close to hot even though we're right on the coast. Enough to sweat at least.

I have way too much on my plate. I just want time to relax and chill out. My house is a mess, because basically I'm never home. I'm a one woman show. And I could really use those extra 12 hours a day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home