Sunday, June 12, 2005

Things are rolling

Busy, busy around here with the school year coming to a close. Field day's, school field trips, class parties. Times four. Molly has finished preschool, so basically its the older 3 to finish up on now. 6 more teacher gifts to guy... it kills me...lol

Ryan started his sessions at the Rushford Center. He's going 5 days a week, 4 hours a day. Tranportation provided both ways. He gets picked up from school early and returns home by 6:30 pm. Seems kind of long , but well worth it. The payments are going to hurt for awhile, with it being $150 a week, after insurance. But.... the B.A. is responsible for reimbursing me 50%. Won't that be a nice surprise for him? lol The session will last 6 weeks, so it'll go through till probably the end of July. Obviously I didn't get him into this program to interfere with the possible visitation, but I have to admit it'll throw a wrench into what the B.A. wants. Monday night is Family Night, in which the whole family will go down, and there will be a parenting class to discuss issues, and I'm not sure what else. Wednesdays we'll be doing family therapy, which should be interesting, to say the least. But again, all very much worth the hopefully positive end result.

As far as court goes, I'm meeting with a lawyer tomorrow morning to discuss the case. I got his name through a referral service but I'm not sure if I'm going to go with him. He works on a sliding scale and says it won't cost me more than $500, less if we're in and out of there quick. Alot of money for me, but cheap in comparision what I could pay. I am concerned though, because he questioned ME as to whether or not we had to call the courthouse to let them know if we're "ready" or not. I had to explain to him that we state whether we're ready or not, ON the day of court, in the courtroom. I definitely need a lawyer, but I also need someone who knows what they're doing. I think he should have some sort of expertise with family law, or else I don't think he'll be able to help me much. I'm just not sure. Seems kinda fishy to me, but then again, he was referred to me, so he's probably legit. Just going to have to let him know of my reservations and go from there. If he's not going to work out though, I only have a week to find someone else. Not alot of time, but I can't wait to get it over with!

I also found a advice forum here online and told my story and what the B.A. wants. All that responded feel that he won't get the whole summer, but that I should have a "backup plan". Something to offer him as an alternative. Start slow with the overnight visits, and bring confirmation of Ryan's problems.

One step at a time for me. I have to remind myself of that.

I'll hopefully get a chance to write more tomorrow. In the meantime, I hope everyone has a good Monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home