Friday, August 19, 2005

A little bleary-eyed

With the summer sleep schedule totally messed up, involving the sleeping-in till 9-9:30, we've been having problems getting the kids back to going to bed early and waking up early. Nothing new, but it is hard to get the kids in bed before 10pm, when they wake up late in the morning. Personally I'm most concerned about Molly because she still climbs into bed with us and with kindergarten right around the corner, she needs to get used to the early rising. Last year, if she didn't get enough sleep she'd just take a nap in the afternoon on the bus, and I'm hoping to avoid that this year.

I'm just barely awake. Its 8:15am, Chris woke Molly and I up at 7:15 and its taken me an hour, 2 cups of coffee and making a batch of muffins to become awake enough to write this post! I know this is the hard part, and it would have been easier for me at least if I had gone to bed before 1am this morning, but if I can just get through today, I can go to bed early tonight. Molly woke up surprisingly easy but I know come late afternoon the shit will be hitting the fan!

How hard is it going to be for me to start getting up at 5:30 am? I'm so not looking forward to that part of it. There are the positive sides though. Once school starts, by 9 am, I'll already be done with my morning bus run, and I'll be back home, with all the morning still left. Its just hard getting to that point. And I'll be working on changing the other kids schedules next week. I can't wait! lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for the comments on the last post. I was really impressed with how my garden grew this year. The yellow squash is coming to a close, and cucumbers are almost done. I still have the cantelopes growing though. That was the best surprise. I really didn't think that they'd grow. I picked alot of easy things to grow this year, throwing in the cantelope last minute to just see what would happen. And I have about 4 that are a good size. The outer rind is starting to grow on them, so I'm hoping they make it all the way without bugs invading or anything. Should be interesting to see. I was also asked how I cooked my squash. I usually just steam it with a blend of spices I have and then spray a little ICBINB on it. I don't like to mess with the tastiness of it too much. For next year I definitely plan on expanding my growing space. And what I grow. And the plan is to donate the extras to the local food pantry.

I just need to figure out where I'm going to expand to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home