Tuesday, August 16, 2005

2 weeks from tomorrow school starts

And I cannot wait! The kids have been fighting since they woke up, and driving me crazy. I haven't gotten a call yet about my start up meeting for work, but I know I will soon. I also just got a letter in the mail the other day saying that all schoolbus drivers with a CDL need to go take a test. A refresher, I'm assuming at the DMV. Not looking forward to that one. The thing is, I know how to drive a bus, but its the details. Kinda like driving a car, you know how to do it, but basically drive without thinking about it. Does anyone really remember how many feet your car needs to be behind another car at a stoplight? Not me, and I'm betting no one else remembers either. So, thats basically the same thing with a bus. I automatically stop a certain distance from a stop to pick up kids, but do I measure the distance with my eyes, and tell myself how many yards away I need to stop? Nope. Looks like for the next few weeks I'll be studying, since I have till the end of September to that this damn test.

Otherwise on the homefront, there's not much going on. Ryan's been doing travel soccer for several years now, and just found out yesterday that he's on the "A" team. Which is a good thing, considering thats the team for the best players. He's very excited about it. We did follow through with taking away his weekend plans for getting into trouble, so hopefully he's learned a lesson.

Oh yeah, and today is Chris' and my 8th year wedding anniversary! Can you believe I almost forgot?? I can't believe its been 8 lonnnggg years...lol, just kidding of course. We've definitely had our ups and downs, and still do.

I'm still glad I married him though! No plans as of yet for celebrating, but I'm hoping we at least get out for dinner or something.

Thats all for now, have a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home