Thursday, September 01, 2005

First day of school

Another school year beginning. I'm glad to be back to work, the kids are glad to be back at school even if they tell me otherwise!

Ryan's in 6th grade this year. So far so good with his behavior. He's informed me that he knows he's going to get way too much homework. And he's in disbelief that when he's given a book report to do, that he'll only have 2 weeks instead of a month to do it! Oh, yeah, and recess is shorter...go figure. I don't have the heart to tell him that its just going to get worse...lol

Emilie's in 5th grade. She has the same teacher that Ryan had last year. She's enjoying it so far! Of course, the year is young. She's been so moody though. I think she needs more sleep.

Matthew's in 1st grade this year. He likes his teacher, and has a few friends in his class, but informed me that he wants to go back to kindergarten. He's not liking how he'll get homework, and I think he was concerned that a few friends who aren't in his class stayed in kindergarten. I had to explain to him how they just have different teachers!

Molly's in kindergarten. I drive them in my bus to school, and I'm lucky enough to do our neighborhood. She got off the bus with no problems. A little hesitant, nothing unusual. When my bus was empty and I started to pull away from the school, I got all teary-eyed. My baby started school! She's made quite a few friends too. She has very few shy bones in her body...probably due to being the youngest of 4 kids. Half days for her through tomorrow, and then its on to full days for her. I already know she's going to flourish!

And now for some pictures. Chris was the one that took them, so I'm apologizing in advance...lol I've also added a few other first day photos to flickr, so check them out!
000_0073000_0083

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home