Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Go figure.... only MY child

Ryan and Emilie came home from camp yesterday, and as much as those little stinkers annoy me, I was glad to have them home!

Chris and I had gotten a call Sunday night from the camp telling us Ryan had a little incident. Turns out his cabin was playing a game with a football, and he ran straight into another kids head! His eye connected with this other child's skull! Needless to say we were told he had a black eye, but the swelling had gone down with ice. So when I picked him up yesterday I was expecting black and blue. I wasn't however expecting for his entire eye to be black, not blue, and swollen to the point his eye was practically swollen shut. Turns out his eye had been completely swollen shut! I'm assuming that his glasses had pushed into the part right above and right below his eye, so that's where most of the swelling was. And the white part of his eye is bright red! My poor kiddo! My mom took him to the Dr and had his vision checked and glasses adjusted. He's going to be a-okay though.

On another note, after my complete indulgence in food this past weekend, I forced myself to go somewhere I haven't been in the last month. The gym. I actually spend 40 minutes on the eliptical. The longest time ever. 430 calories burned. Go me! I'm feeling much more in control of my eating today, after yesterday's encounter with pretzel flipz!

Nothing much new going on. I didn't receive any offers of help in posting pictures, but I've been doing good figuring things out, so no doubt I'll figure it out without any problems.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home