Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Lots of appointments

Molly had her 4 year checkup yesterday. I always get this serious mommy pride going when they realize how smart she is! She's in perfect health....40 pounds, and 41 inches tall! 50-75% for both. She's growing so fast! Of course, she still is my baby, and will always be my baby, but now she's a preschooler, and its not fair. If I were a kid, I'd be on the floor throwing a temper tantrum!

She did excellent on her eye exam, amazing the nurse with her quick account of all the pictures in the correct sequence. Even for the hearing test, which she passed with flying colors, the nurse was truly impressed how she sat there quietly with this serious expression on her face, pressing the clicker, with extreme accuracy. She said most 4 year olds don't sit as quietly, and don't follow the directions as precisely as my darling girl did!

Yeah, I'm a proud mama.

So then today, it was Ryan and Emi's turn for the dentist. Its been awhile, and I'm feeling terrible for not bringing them sooner, but I got them in, that's what mattered. The last dentist was a real jackass, and I had a panic attack just thinking about bringing them back. So anyway, the office is excellent! The dentist we met today was awesome with the kids, and they got to wear cool shades during the exam, and even had a gameboy to keep them occupied... it was really cool! They both have 1 little cavity, which isn't too bad, considering Emi doesn't have any and poor Ryan has had a bad past with dental problems. He's just one of those kids that's prone to cavities. Its weird because Ryan and Emi have always had similar habits with eating and brushing, and yet Ryan has a mouthful of metal and Emi has none. So with Emi, she has 2 weeks to get out a baby tooth or its going to be pulled (her permanent tooth grew in behind it) and I've learned that there's a possibility Ryan will need braces, but he said that its too soon to know with Emi. We spent nearly 2 hours there! They were due for cleanings, but not scheduled for today and they cleaned their teeth anyway! One less appt for me to make and remember! lol

Matt and Molly have their appt for the dentist next week, and then we'll be all up to date!

That's about all going on around here this week. Only 2 workout days for me because of today's appt's but I'm confident I've lose a pound or two. I've started to sign up for trips at work, to hopefully generate a little extra $$ around here. I did our budget, and its scary! And probably why we don't follow it!

Nice and warm around here too. Back to summer temperatures, even though its now officially Fall! The leaves are starting to change, and there's a nice bite to the air in the early mornings.. won't be long till we have frost! Another week or two and I need to think about getting some mums and decorating for Halloween...Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home