Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Guilty Daughter Syndrome

I'm feeling guilt. Extremely guilty. My Dad's birthday was on Saturday, and I didn't call him. I intended to call him, totally meant to call him, but I figured he'd be out and about, or one of my brothers had been up to see him. I was wrong.

See, my sister and I are closer to my Mom, and my two younger brothers are closer to my Dad. I'm bad about getting up to his house to stop in and say hi, but my brothers see him pretty frequently. It was my intention to call him up, even if I was late, and he stopped by this morning. The damned guilt is eating me alive! He has this way of making me feel guilty, I guess like most parents do.

But it turns out my Dad sat home by HIMSELF all Saturday long! On his birthday! And thats just wrong. How was I to know that my brothers weren't taking him out to lunch or something? Most times I think of calling him up for certain occassions he ends up being busy with them.

Now I wished I had at least called him. I need to find a way to make it up to him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home