Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Favorite time of year!

This is my absolute favorite time of the year! Now that its December 1st, it feels even closer to the holidays.

I haven't decorated my house yet, but I want to. But, in order to decorate I need to finish the painting, because obviously it wouldn't make sense to move all my decorations in order to paint! Chris is yet again attempting a Christmas party for his employees, although this year its a different store, and they know the story about last year, and has reassured Chris they WILL be coming. So, yet another reason to paint. I want things to look nice. No pencil on the walls, no scraped off trim to look at. This is a snowball effect for me, because the livingroom needs to be painted before the Christmas party, and needs to be painted before decorations go up, and since I want the decorations up now, the painting needs to be finished. I had Chris doing it today, and its almost done. Thank goodness. I've finished the walls in the kitchen, and just need to finish the trim and border, but just haven't had the time. I'm trying to do everything myself, which is why I put Chris to work today.

I also started my Christmas shopping today! Just a handful of things bought, but I at least started it. Only 23 shopping days left, and I'll be one of the crazy people running around on Christmas Eve to finish! I worked this morning, went to the gym, and then shopping, and by the time I came home it was almost 1 pm. I explained to Chris that if he wasn't home, I would have had to run back out within 20 minutes to pick up Molly. Leaving virtually no time to get stuff done around the house. I'm trying to impress upon him how much I do. I think I'll be writing a list, just so he can see. I tend to get very stressed out, and angry towards Chris. Although I know he works very hard, and works long hours, I do too! And he just doesn't get that. Anyways.... I'm rambling.

Now that we're in the season of santa, angels, elves, christmas trees, and all that good fun stuff, I want to try to figure out how to change my layout. Or add something. Spruce it up a bit. Anyway have any ideas? Or maybe a website for me to check out thats on the simple side, with simple directions to follow? Because I really am clueless. lol Frankly,I'm afraid to mess with anything, because I wouldn't know how to fix it if I screwed it up. But any ideas would be helpful!

Chaos is now descending on my household. Bedtime is always fun around here! Gotta go... have a great Thursday!

1 Comments:

At 6:27 AM, Blogger Margie (and Fae) said...

If I could find my Christmas decorations, I would definitely put some up! hehehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home