Saturday, December 11, 2004

Day in court

Thursday was my oh so wonderful day in court for child support. Once again. We went because I filed the papers in FEBRUARY for contempt, and they just got around to serving him last month! Nice, eh? Anyway, because of these papers being served, he had shown up at my job to yell at me in front of my co-workers, but we settled it and didn't think much was going to happen because he has a job and has been paying for the last few months. I didn't have a babysitter for Molly, so I ended up taking her with me, but was pretty confident we'd get out of there by lunchtime. And I was hoping that would be the case this time, since I had a 4-year-old in tow. But it didn't. We got in to the child supporter enforcer room when it was our turn, and she wanted him to pay the entire $2000 he owed when he missed the 4 months back around February. Both him and I were totally not expecting that. This woman tends to be really hard on the deadbeat dads too. I mean, I probably would be too! She knows the biological asshole by face, by name, so she's really hard on him. Which is okay! He needs to start taking responsibility for himself and his actions. Plus we've been in and out of this courtroom for almost 10 years now! So there was a nonagreement because he said he wouldn't be able to come up with anything. That means the judge would need to decide. We didn't get in front of the judge till 2:30...and she asked me what I wanted. I couldn't come up with an amount.... one reason was because I didn't want to piss him off, and I knew he didn't have any money, but I did explain to the judge that we've been doing this for almost 10 years now, he owes me over $8,000, and he needs to take responsibility. So she told me she'd come up with an amount if I gave her a date for it to be in by. I choose the middle of February, and she told him he needed to bring $800 with him when we came back. He was PISSED! He stalked out of the courtroom and I didn't see him until this morning when he came to pick up the kids. I tried apologizing to him, not because I'm sorry I asked for money, but because I knew he is hard off,but..... tough. I need to think of myself and my family. My children. I can't worry about how he's going to come up with the money. Thats not my problem. Did he ever worry about how we had to come up with the money when he didn't pay? Nope, of course not. I have to strictly look out for myself and my kids. (Not to get off subject, but I can't stand this continuous paragraph! But blogger won't let me skip a few lines!) So anyway, if he doesn't bring the money with him on February 17th, I think he goes to jail. We'll see. He also mentioned today how he might as well give up his rights, since he's moving to North Carolina and I wouldn't let him see the kids anyway. A part of me feels bad but I really don't think he's a good influence on the kids! Its so frustrating dealing with all this! On another note... tonight Chris and I are going out on the town! Company Christmas party. I borrowed some clothes from Jen, along with a cleavage showing top, and have to wrap the babysitters present and clean before she gets here. But I'm actually going out! LOL The party has an open bar for 2 hours, and we'll probably head out early and meet up with Jen and Roman to go out with them afterwards! Then tomorrow we're off to get our tree, and I'm crossing my fingers that its supposed to be good weather! Okay thats all for now... I must clean! * Lost only .2 this week :( *

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home