Friday, November 19, 2004

TGIF!

Thank goodness its Friday! I know I say it every week, but its true every week! These last 5 days have been a whirlwind of activities. Its gotten to the point that I end up folding laundry while eating my lunch and watching my soap. Talented, eh?

So whether its been because I've been running myself down or its just going around, I think I'm yet again getting sick. Lovely sore throat along with a nice post nasal drip that keeps me awake at night coughing when I should be getting my beauty sleep.

Today I invited one my mom acquaintances out to coffee, and while she didn't want to go out, she invited me over. She has the most adorable 19 month old baby girl, and we have so much in common! We ended up chatting for almost 2 hours! It was just really great to actually talk with another adult. We have tentative plans to get together on Wednesday since there's no school, and while the kids play with can drink our DD coffee and chat some more. I'm looking forward to it! A couple of weeks ago I was having a rough day with the kids on the bus, and since we'd been chatting while I picked up and dropped off her son, I asked her if she likes to dance, and she actually asked me if I was old enough to drink! LOL To make a long story short, she thought I was only 20 or 21 years old, and I thought she was around 26-27...and she's 36! While thats definitely not old, I was totally thrown off...she looks so much younger, but then again, I guess I do too!

Anyway, tonight I was feeling ambitious and took all the kids to walmart with me. I needed to pick up some odds and ends, along with a b-day present for a b-day party Ryan has tomorrow. I also wanted to pick up the newly released movie, Elf. I never saw it in the theater and knew the kids would probably like it. But can I tell you how BIG of a mistake it was to take the kids? The whining for candy, the moaning for food, I couldn't take it! By the time we headed out to the car, I was telling the kids in a stern voice how they were going home straight to bed, without dinner, and I really sounded nasty. The kids were fighting their way into the car, and so I yelled for them all to get in their seats, and I turned around, and stood face to face with another mom (I drive her kids on my bus) I was completely mortified! First of all, I of course want to make a good impression to other parents (who doesn't?) and second of all, I drive her kids! Who knows what this mother was thinking! Probably that I yell like that on the bus...who knows. Add to it, she also has 4 kids, so while she's being all calm and collected with her kids, I'm acting the part of a lunatic! I just tried to play it off, and crossed my fingers that she didn't hear my whole rant. Anyway, I know I shouldn't care what she thinks, but I at least like to make others think I'm a good parent. I know I am a good mom, just not perfect.

Okay, another long post..... always seems to happen! Weigh-in is tomorrow morning, and I think I'm down at least a pound. Just going to have to wait and see.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home