Tuesday, November 23, 2004

VACATION!!!!

Yay! I'm on vacation! 5 solid days of sleeping in, of cleaning my house, and catching up on all the stuff I normally don't have time to do!

Lost .6 at weigh-in this past weekend. Another not so great loss, but I'm okay with it. I'm trying my best to be "good" this week because of Thanksgiving, but I don't think its going to happen. I was doing good until today, and I'm just feeling down. I must be pms'ing, cause I just want to eat! I'm bummed out about several things that I won't go into right now, but I can't use it as an excuse to eat. I just can't. Right now I just wanna say "screw it" to this week and start again next week, but I know if I do that I'll gain a few pounds, and won't be any closer to my goal. Damn weight watchers.

I have to say though, I do have a funny story to tell. You know how the lovely telemarketers LOVE to call during dinner time or even worse, during the kids' bedtime? Well, our phone is in my Mom's name, so whenever someone calls they ask for her or her husband. Yesterday the phone rang, and as usual, the kids all raced to answer it, and Molly got to it first. I was right next to her, so I heard the whole conversation, but it went a little something like this:

TM- Can I speak to so and so (my mom)
Molly- No, she doesn't live here. Who is this?!?!
TM- Can I ask when she'll be available?
Molly- What????
TM- Could I speak to one of your parents?
Molly- Well, My dad's at work, but you can talk to my mom

So, she handed me the phone, and I tapped her on her shoulder, and pointed to the off button, and she pressed it. Her and I had a huge giggle-fest, it was too funny!

I feel bad because obviously telemarketers are only doing their job. But dammit, how many times do they have to call to realize that my mom will NEVER be available? Duh, she doesn't live here!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home