Thursday, June 23, 2005

Beautiful day!

Such a gorgeous day today! Probably around 75-80 degrees with a lovely sea breeze. I actually slept in until 10 am. Well, technically I was awake by 7:30, but the kids had slept in as well, so I dozed on and off until finally dragging my ass out of bed at 10.

Matthew was invited to a friends house down the road, so he went there, which was nice. After Ryan was picked up, I walked down with the girls to join Matt and his friend in their pool. It was a good afternoon! At least we weren't sitting around on our first day of summer vacation anyway.

Had my work picnic tonight which was ok, but nothing to write home about. I'm not really friends with anyone that was there, so ended up entertaining the kids instead of socializing, but hey, it was free food...lol I even stayed within points even with all the cookout food and tons of dessert.

Came home, Ryan came home, and we went for a walk. Within the last month or two Matthew has mastered riding a two-wheeler and has been anticipating a bike ride. So off we went. Ryan stayed home (he likes a little downtime after his busy day) and Emilie and I walked while Matt and Molly rode their bikes. Walked all the way down to the beach, walked along the shore for awhile and walked home. The kids were probably mostly excited because I told them we could stop a the little town beach store we have. Its all about the candy! lol We did have a little dog follow us almost all the way home. You could tell he was well trained, but apparently didn't understand "go home". We lost him though :)

Came home, did baths and the little ones zonked in record time.

Day 1 of summer vacation was great! Now I just need to discipline myself to clean the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home