Sunday, June 19, 2005

The story changes

When the B.A. came to pick up the kids this Saturday I went out to the car to speak to him. I asked him if he was planning on taking the kids to a movie because it was a movie I wanted to take all 4 kids to. You know, that lava girl movie.....something like that. So then I mentioned , very calmly, that I was hurt that he had filed the visitation papers without telling me. We have, or I should say, had a verbal agreement, that if either of us were to file papers, we would let the other one know. So he tries telling me how it was a last minute thing. And I said "B.A., you filed the papers the same time you filed the child support papers. The papers have the date on it, you know" So then he tries telling me that he didn't mention it to me because he didn't know when the court date was going to be. I told him it didn't matter when the date would be, it only mattered that he told me about it.

Obviously, I'm completely aware that he purposely didn't tell me about the papers, because he wanted it to be a "surprise". But then he tried to lie to me about it?

So then he tells me that what he wants has changed, and that we'd talk about it on Tuesday. And I asked him what. Apparently, he says he's living back up here until next summer (yeah,right!) to deal with some stuff going on with his father. And that he wants the kids every other weekend. I just told him I'd talk to him about it on Tuesday. Then I continued to tell him that "we need to come to an agreement. He needs to stop the power struggle in trying to get only what he wants. And that what he wants and what I want will need to be considered in making a decision. That it was what was best for the kids that counted. He agreed, but I know that this still isn't going to be easy.

I don't trust him. Plain and simple. I feel he's not good for the kids, in big doses, and that I need to protect my children. I'm feeling right now that I kinda don't need a lawyer, but he's half paid for already, and for all I know, the B.A. has some tricks up his sleeve. I wouldn't doubt it in the least. For now, I'm writing everything down. All the questions I have. All my concerns. All my ideas on how to "work with him" to come with an agreement.

And just cross my fingers, that come Tuesday, everything will be okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home