Thursday, June 30, 2005

Summer mugginess

I'm not a big fan of summer. I love fall and spring.... no extremes in the temps, ya know? Lately, here in southeastern Connecticut we've had no sun. Oh, only for 3 or so days though. I'm not complaining, because as we all know, when the sun's out, it gets hotter. But, it muggier than all hell. Today is another sticky day, although the temp is only lingering in the mid- seventies. Much preferable than sun, humidity, and in the 90's. More rain today and tomorrow, with hopefully (fingers crossed) big thunderboomers tomorrow night to bring in the coldfront. And then a beautiful weekend! And realizing I devoted an entire paragraph to the weather, you must see that I'm addicted to the weather!

Anyways..... Molly's birthday is this Saturday! My baby girl will be 5 years old! I'm a last minute planner though. Still no plans for her birthday. I'll obviously have something, probably just a family get together. But its hard every year because I don't want her birthday to be on the same day as our family's fourth of july picnic. We don't always have our picnics on the holiday. And then to top it off, I'm just so very unsure when to have it, because Ryan and Emilie will be spending their first overnight with the B.A. on Saturday night. And they don't want to miss Molly's party. So do I have it on Saturday and have the kids miss it, or do I have it on Sunday so that they'll be here? And its important to them, so still not sure what I'm going to do.

On another front, Chris and I have decided to put Ryan on meds. We're going to give it a shot. If it can help, I'd be selfish to deny him that chance. I'm not looking for everything to be perfect, and I realize its not going to "cure" him, but if it can help his moods, I have a responsibility as a mother (I feel) to give him a chance at normalcy. At this point he's been informally diagnosed with ODD. Oppositional Defiance Disorder. There's a possibility of bi-polar and depression thrown in there as well. But, being on the meds will kinda weed out what the problem is. He has so many different symptoms, its hard to say what its all originating from. So, we start and see where it takes us.

Crazyville around here. Kids fighting, fighting, fighting. With the rain for the last few days there haven't been many opportunities to go to the park or beach, so we've been homebound. I've been trying to take this opportunity to get the house back up to par, but this humidity is making everything sticky, so its hard to stay motivated. Better to do it now though, than one day before this huge picnic we're having!

Curtains, painting, cleaning. Need to start those things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home