Sunday, July 10, 2005

I don't want to admit it

But its my birthday today. I'm 31 yrs old. Technically not "30" anymore, but in my 30's. Yikes! I'm trying to accept it, because really, what choice do I have? And... I'm trying to remind myself that I don't FEEL 31, so it shouldn't shake me up so easily. Just tell me to shut up, k?

Yesterday was Chris' work picnic and it went really well! We were expecting about 60 people and some didn't show, so we actually had closer to 45. People even had fun! The kids were running all over the yard with the hose, and the adults played horseshoes and we even got a game of volleyball started. So much food though. We still have tons left, so it looks like we'll be eating alot of hotdogs and hamburgers this week! I swear though, I'm sooo glad its over with. I'm was trying to get my house into shape, because even though the picnic wasn't inside, people would need to pass through my kitchen, into the hallway, where they could look into the livingroom, and then finally into the bathroom. I managed to get my curtains made. And I think they came out really well. Cleaned the livingroom carpet, but didn't get to finishing up the painting. This morning I worked nonstop. Between cleaning and cooking and the kids...I'm exhausted. Of course Chris was here to help but for the majority of the morning he was out in the yard mowing and then to the store for ice and stuff.

And , I didn't even eat too much. Yet. I was too busy running around doing all that needed to be done. Now its finally over, and we can get on with the week. We're trying to plan some day trips for this week since Chris is home. But Ryan goes to Rushford every day and doesn't get home till 2:15 so that kinda limits us. And next weekend they're with the B.A.

Speaking of Rushford, the nurse practitioner called me today to let me know of Ryan's blood results. Everything came out good with the exception of one thing. His thyroid was showing some elevated numbers that she suggested I get checked out. Its still within the normal range, from what I understand, but its on the higher end. So we're going to fax the results to his pediatrician and we'll see what he says about it. One step at a time with all this stuff.

But the best thing of all for me? I get to "sleep in" this week! LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home