Friday, July 01, 2005

Oh, baby!

Another year gone by. Already? The old saying goes "it seems like it was just yesterday", and how true is! Molly is turning 5 years old today! It seems like just yesterday I looked like this: 000_0422

The picture is crappy... I apologize. For some reason I couldn't scan the picture, so I took a picture of my picture. I came across it while looking at my albums tonight and couldn't resist posting it.

And I couldn't stop myself from showing this "after" picture of her. A few days old at the most, snoozing with her big brother.
000_0419

And how's she's grown. Full of opinions, full of determination to do things "her way". I was thinking back to 5 years ago, thinking of how the night before she was born, our family was out watching fireworks on the beach. Thinking how huge I felt, and looked!! Earlier that day I had cleaned the house top to bottom and made a huge dinner for our entire extended family. Then thinking of how while Chris and I were in the hospital, the other kids were being watched by my dad at our family's annual Fourth of July picnic.How when she finally entered this world, and Chris called to let everyone know, there was a big cheer heard in the background. How happy Emilie was to get her baby sister, when everyone thought Molly would be a boy.

I could reminisce for hours! But I'll leave you with this last picture. Tonight, my baby girl with the infamous doll cake. The same cake my mom used to make for me as a little girl. She picked the colors, she picked the little kitty sitting on the skirt, because cats are her absolute favorite things these days. Happy 5th birthday, Molly!
000_0401

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home